SAFETY MEETS FITNESS EXPERIENCE
We’ve made changes so you can feel safe, comfortable and so we can together focus on your goals and fitness journey.
The health and safety of our members and community is our top priority. With your safety and training experience in mind, we’ve made some key changes. You can be assured that our strict protocols we’ve put in place will allow for a very safe and exceptional training experience upon your return or introduction to our studio. As industry leaders, we have made the conscious decision to go above and beyond government regulations. This includes further reducing the maximum allowed people in our studio at one time, consulting with healthcare experts for new operating procedures, training our team in the latest COVID-19 prevention and management strategies, and investing in facility upgrades. We have always prided ourselves on making fitness personalized and we are confident that these changes will enhance your safety and experience with Think Fitness Studios. Should there be anything that would make you feel even more comfortable or enhance your experience further, we encourage you to notify us.
Full Covid-19 Protocol Guidelines
These procedures will be used to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 in the workplace. The precautionary measures have been developed using advice and information obtained from the World Health Organization and the government of Canada.
Our Team will work to achieve a workplace that follows all precautionary measures identified by applicable governmental bodies and public health authorities to reduce the spread of the COVID-19. The guidelines listed in this policy are to be followed in addition to all other COVID-19 general protocols.
Fitness Studio Operations:
- Physical distancing requirements of 3 metres are to be followed at all times in all areas. (including all cardio machines, benches, etc)
- Members and Staff must adhere to Physical distancing requirements. Floor Stickers will be placed to comply with physical distancing.
- Members ONLY, no guests.
- Current Membership access (self-workout access) will be By Appointment Only with strict guidelines such as limited numbers and designated non-peak hours.
- Staff will be required to wear face masks.
- 10min Designated Disinfection: Staff must wipe down and disinfect all gym equipment after each session. (Equip. includes dumbbells, mats, medicine balls, etc.). Personal Training sessions will be move to 50min in duration to ensure safety.
- Designated Training Areas will be marked and equipment arranged appropriately to eliminate sharing of equipment during sessions.
- Members will be expected to retrieve and return free weights to comply with physical distancing from Staff.
- Hands to be sanitized/washed after and/or in between appointments and as often as possible
- Deep cleaning to occur twice daily (one time will require facility shut down for 1 hour).
- Increased hand sanitizers will be available.
- Members will be asked to enter the building no sooner than 5 min prior to their appointment.
- Members must enter the building with a face mask. Workouts can be completed without a face mask; however when sessions are complete, members must wear a face mask as they exist the studio.
- Members can only enter the building via appointment.
- All clients must bring their personal belongings home after their session.( water bottles, shoes, jackets etc)
- Members are advised to book their appointments at least 1 week in advance due limited space.
- Staff are encouraged to wash hands before each training session using warm water and soap for at least 20 seconds
- Fitness Staff must wear face masks.
- Fitness Staff are expected to properly disinfect the areas used before exiting the office at the end of a shift. These areas include but are not limited to: desk, chair, computer keyboard, printer, doorknobs.
Members are not permitted to Think Fitness if:
- Member or person residing with the member has returned from any country outside Canada in the past 14 days. The Member(s) will not visit the Club for 14 days from date of return to Canada.
- Member has fever, cough, sore throat, respiratory illness, difficulty breathing or flu like symptoms or has been in contact with or resides with someone who has the symptoms. The Member(s) will be required to remain away from the Club for 14 days commencing at the completion of the flu symptoms. Please click here for the COVID-19 self-assessment.
- Members only. No guests are permitted on the property.
- Members will NOT be charged, less than 24hr notice, if experiencing any of above symptoms.
- Members with symptoms are not permitted to re-enter the studio for 14 days from first onset of symptoms, or provide negative results from Covid-19 test.
- To help prevent the spread of COVID-19 and reduce the potential risk of exposure to staff and other Members; all Members are be asked to complete the Ontario Self-Assessment https://covid-19.ontario.ca/self-assessment/ ) if feeling unwell and follow the guidelines given.
- Participation is important to help us take precautionary measures to protect everyone at Think Fitness.
Members are Required to:
- Always maintain 3 metre distance from all Members and Staff.
- Comply with all signage and directions communicated by Staff.
- Wear are face mask when entering and existing the studio (not required during workout).
- Use hand sanitizer at all times where provided.
- Follow all policies and procedures related to the specific area they are in.
* members and staff may be required to sign new Covid-19 waivers.
Member in Breach of Safety Protocols
- There is a zero-tolerance policy, anyone who puts the health and safety of the Members and Staff in jeopardy will face immediate repercussion.
Should a Members test positive for COVID-19:
- An investigation will take place to determine any individuals who may have come in contact with the infected Member (contact tracing).
- Members and Staff who may have had contact with the infected individual, will be contact and advised to watch for symptoms for 14 days, and to notify the gym should any symptoms develop.
- A thorough deep clean will take place of all areas the infected individual was along with a 2-day closure.